Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thing 2: Mobile Device Tips

Thing 2 is all about exploring features of my mobile device. I don't necessarily need to worry about advanced features at this point - I'm just interested in some shortcuts and tips to help me work a bit smarter. 

The iOS 7 iPad Overview video was a helpful starting point. Good reminders about simply scrolling from the bottom for Quick Controls access and top of the screen for calendar information. Double-tapping the Home button offers up the ability to see all open applications. 

I also spent some time poking around online and gathering tips from other iPad users. Simple things like splitting the keyboard, inverting screen colors, accessing the camera from a locked screen, swiping from the left of the screen to go back a page, and taking a picture of the screen by holding down the Power and Home buttons at the same time are just a few things I can do to work smarter. 

1 comment:

  1. There are so many great tips and shortcuts - it's just hard to remember them all! I guess if you pick up a few that are helpful it's still good. :) Looking forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete